Last updated: 08 October 2015
“you” means you, our customer and/or user of the 2degrees services and website.
“we”, “our”, “us” and “2degrees” means Two Degrees Mobile Limited and/or Two Degrees New Zealand Limited and includes any of our related companies.
To deliver the highest standard of service, we will ask you to provide us with personal information from time to time. At 2degrees, we believe it is important that you know how we treat that information.
This policy outlines how and why we collect information from you, how we store it, how you can access and correct that information and when we might disclose information to other people.
We will collect information about you when you visit our website and mobile application sites, complete 2degrees application forms, enter 2degrees promotions or competitions, sign up for Your 2degrees and/or Your 2degrees Broadband (for instance, your name, address, contact number(s), email address, etc), and when you call our Customer Care or when we make any calls to you.
We will also collect information about you when you buy and use 2degrees products and services (such as call and text message information (including date, time, some content, duration, and the number contacted), and information on your browsing activity that occurs when you are using our internet services (such as websites you have visited, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, when an internet browsing session is started and ended using your account, and any content you may access using any online content service we provide). We may also look at where your mobile device is from time to time, and how much you’re spending.
Other entities, like marketing organisations and credit reference agencies, may also provide us with information about you from time to time.
If you choose not to provide information when we ask for it, certain services and/or product features may not work properly or we may not be able to provide you with service or a product altogether.
We hold and use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including:
- Processing application forms and any online transactions you make;
- Carrying out credit checking and scoring (if you have agreed);
- Billing you;
- Providing and assisting you with product(s) or service(s) you request;
- Monitoring compliance with the terms and conditions of 2degrees service(s) and product(s) you purchase and use, including our Fair Use Policy;
- Offering you rewards, special offers, competitions and other promotions;
- Providing you with information on new 2degrees product(s) and service(s) and/or products and services of carefully selected third parties we think you might like;
- Responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made, and other customer care issues;
- Complying with legal, governmental or regulatory agencies’ requests in connection with the regulation of telecommunications services, and in connection with any legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention or detection, or prosecution;
- Training our staff, monitoring our network(s) and service(s), and maintaining our system(s).
You agree that we and our agents may send you marketing messages, electronic or otherwise, about (amongst other things) our rewards, special offers, competitions and other promotions, and those of our agents or third parties which we consider may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing messages from us and our agents at any time through Your 2degrees.
Sometimes we may disclose your information to third parties (some of whom may be located outside of New Zealand). These third parties may include:
- Dealers and suppliers whose products and services support our service(s) or our network(s), including the providers of infrastructure where your information is processed, and providers involved with monitoring and protecting the operation and security of our network(s);
- Our dealers and agents, contractors and advisers;
- Other network operators as required to provide and/or support the product(s) and service(s) we provide to you;
- Credit reference agencies (if you have agreed) who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
- If someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that person;
- Our advertisers, customers, potential customers and associates with whom we may share aggregated information such as user statistics and other information that does not personally identify you;
- Persons we are legally obliged to provide your information to, including law enforcement agencies (such as the police, or the Serious Fraud Office), emergency services, government departments and regulatory authorities, as well as any person or organisation authorised to obtain your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 and/or the Telecommunication Information Privacy Code 2003;
- Other service providers who use our network(s) to provide services to you;
- Any of our potential or actual assignees or transferees, such as a potential purchaser of our business.
To maintain and improve the service(s) we provide to you, we may monitor and record calls you make to us or we make you.
Unless you request our caller line identification restriction service (CLIR) your mobile phone number may be displayed to the person you have called. Where you have requested CLIR, we will prevent your mobile phone number being shown to the recipient of your calls. Your mobile phone number may however still be displayed to us, the emergency services, or when you send a text message.
You can access personal information that we hold about you by contacting us in writing. If the information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may ask us to correct the information.
If you consent to receiving emails or other communications from us, but later change your mind, just let us know and we will take you off our list. Get in touch via our ‘Contact Us’ web page.
We may need to amend the terms of this Policy if our practices change. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our website (at www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/privacy).