Prepay Data Pack Terms and Conditions
On 30 April 2018 we retired the $6 100MB NZ Data and 3GB Zone Data Packs. If you have one of these Packs on auto-renew you may, for the time being, continue to purchase this Pack. But if you purchase another Data Pack after 30 April 2017 you will not be able to purchase a retired Pack you previously had auto-renewing again.
From 25 June 2018 the 3GB Zone Data pack will no longer be available for purchase. If you had this Pack on auto-renew you will need to choose a new Data Pack
1. These specific terms and conditions apply in addition to the Prepay Terms and Conditions.
2. The rates and conditions below apply when you use your Mobile Phone (or other device) in New Zealand and have purchased the applicable Value Pack.
3. All rates are inclusive of GST.
4. The following Data Packs may be purchased by you on your Prepay Account:
Included in Data Pack
(from the date of purchase)
|500MB NZ Data Pack||$10||500MB of NZ data||One month||Yes|
|1GB NZ Data Pack||$20||1GB of NZ data||One month||Yes|
|15GB NZ Data Pack||$50||15GB of NZ data||One month||Yes|
|12GB NZ Data Pack||$99||12GB of NZ data||Six months||Yes|
5. If you purchase a Data Pack that auto renews, your Data Pack will automatically renew on the earlier of:
(a) the end of its Validity Period as set out in the table in clause 4 above (e.g., if you purchase a Data Pack with a Validity period of one month on 5 July, your Data Pack will automatically renew on 5 August); or
(b) when you have 30MB or less of data available on your Data Pack,
(the Pack Renewal Date).
6. If your Data Pack automatically renews because you reach the relevant Recurrence Threshold on your Data Pack, that renewal will be treated as a purchase of a new Data Pack that will be applied in accordance with clause 5 above.
7. Your Data Pack will expire at the end of its Validity Period as set out in the table in clause 4 above.
8. We will do our best to send you a text when your data balance is getting low and before your Pack Renewal Date to remind you to top up and will also do our best to send you a text if your Data Pack does not renew for any reason. We won’t be liable to you if you do not receive this text.
9.Your Data Pack will automatically renew only if there is sufficient Re-charge Credit on your Prepay Account at the time of renewal.
10. If there is not enough Re-charge Credit on your Prepay Account to pay for your auto renewing Data Pack on the Pack Renewal Date the Data Pack will not renew and will go on hold for 14 days from the Pack Renewal Date.
11. You may purchase as many Data Packs as you require at any one time. If you purchase more than one NZ Data Pack at any one time, only your most recent NZ Data Pack will recur on its Pack Renewal Date and all the benefits of your older auto renewing NZ Data Pack will expire at the end of its Validity Period.
12. If you are not registered for the Data Clock app and are data browsing when your NZ Data Pack reaches the relevant threshold at clauses 5(a) or (b), your Data Pack will automatically renew provided that you have enough Re-charge Credit on your Prepay Account. If there is not enough Re-charge Credit available on your Prepay Account to purchase a new Data Pack while you are data browsing, once you consume all your Data Pack data you will be charged the following per MB rate for the remainder of your browsing session and any subsequent browsing session provided you are still within the Data Pack Validity Period:
(a) where you have used all of your data under a 1GB, 15GB or 12GB NZ Data Pack, you will be charged 20c per MB of data while you are browsing nationally; or
(b) where you have used all of your data under a 500MB NZ Data Pack, you will be charged our standard data rate of 50c per MB of data while you are browsing nationally.
13. Once the Validity Period of a Data Pack expires you will be charged our standard data rates for further usage. Please see our Standard Rate Terms and Conditions for more information.
14. If you top up your Prepay Account with sufficient Re-charge Credit to the value of your Data Pack while your Data Pack is on hold, the Data Pack will automatically renew and future renewals will continue to occur on the date of this top up in accordance with clause 5 above. This is your new Pack Renewal Date. If you do not top up your Prepay Account within 14 days with sufficient Re-charge Credit (i.e. while your Data Pack is on hold) your Data Pack will be cancelled and you will need to re-subscribe to the Data Pack if you wish to purchase it again.
15. You can stop your Data Pack from auto renewing any time prior to your Pack Renewal Date or while the Data Pack is on hold.
16. NZ Data Packs can only be used in New Zealand.
17. Our Data Packs can be used with a 2degrees USB Modem, your mobile phone or other data-enabled mobile device with a 2degrees SIM.
18. The benefits of your oldest Data Pack will be used first.
19. Your NZ Data Pack data usage per session is rounded up to the nearest 5.12KB increment and a minimum data usage per session of:
(a) 20.48KB applies to the 500MBNZ Data Packs; and
(b) 51.2KB applies to the 1GB,15GB and 12GB NZ Data Packs.
Related Terms & Conditions
- $9/$19 Carryover Combo Terms and Conditions
- $29/$49 Carryover Combo Terms and Conditions
- International Chat Pack Terms and Conditions
- Australian Data Roaming Packs Terms and Conditions
- Booster Pack Terms and Conditions
- Magic Number Terms and Conditions
- Everyone 200 Pack Terms and Conditions
- Me2U, U2Me and Ring Me Terms and Conditions
- Promo Value Pack Terms and Conditions
- Retired China 300 Pack Terms and Conditions
- Retired India 300 Pack Terms and Conditions
- Jucy Visitor Combo Packs Terms and Conditions
- 2degrees IOU Packs Terms and Conditions
- Pack Assist Terms And Conditions