Amazon Prime Video
Run out of stuff to binge? Well watch this. Join us on an unlimited broadband plan for 12 months and get Prime Video on us for a year! Unlock thousands of popular movies and TV episodes on demand and on the go.
Already got Prime Video?
If you’re ahead of the curve and already have Prime Video, don’t worry, you can still get the year on us. You’ll just need to do a few things first.
Who can get it?
Here’s how you can get your hot little hands on it.
Brand new customer or mobile only customer? Simply join us on any 12 month unlimited broadband plan. You can join us online today. If you’ve got mobile with us already, you’ll score a cool $10 a month off your broadband as well.
Already with us on unlimited? Simply resign for another 12 months. Pop to Your 2degrees, log in and click on ‘Resign for 12 months’ and we’ll take care of the rest.
Already with us on a different plan? Upgrade to any of our 12 month unlimited broadband plans. Pop to Your 2degrees, log in and click on ‘Change Plan’ and select any of our unlimited broadband plans.
If you’re eligible, we’ll send you an activation email with more information about Prime Video and a button to activate your subscription. You simply click on the button and it’ll take you through to Prime Video to set up your account.
You have 30 days to activate your subscription from when you receive the link.
All of this and more!
- Access to thousands of popular TV episodes and movies, like the All Blacks Doco All or Nothing, The Grand Tour, Kung Fu Panda and Jack Ryan
- Watch across different devices, any time. You can stream on your compatible Smart TV, games console, phone, tablet or laptop, any time that tickles your fancy, on us to 3 devices at once.
- Download for offline viewing. Take it with you on the go, on select mobiles and tablets, so you can keep watching without WiFi.
The Prime Video app is available on the following devices:
- Android smartphones and tablets
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod touch)
- Apple TV
- Smart TVs (supported Samsung, Sony & LG models)
- Fire TV Stick Basic Edition
- Fire Tablets
- PlayStation consoles
- Xbox One consoles
Unfortunately, Prime Video is not available to stream via Chromecast.
Prime Video has loads of helpful tips and tricks for setting it up. You can find them all here. Just click on the device you’re using for more information.
Don’t worry, we won’t cut your streaming short after 12 months. Once your year on us is up, we’ll automatically charge the monthly subscription fee of $8.99 to your broadband bill, so you don’t have to worry about missing any important shows. Had enough? You can cancel any time in Your 2degrees.
What a pickle. If you find you’re having trouble with the Prime Video website or app, you’ll need to contact Prime Video directly to see what’s going on. 2degrees unfortunately can’t help if it’s something on the Prime Video end.
There are loads of help topics on the Prime Video website. If you need to get in touch with them, you’ll need to log in to your account and you’ll find a ‘Contact us’ button at the bottom of the help page.
If there’s an issue with your broadband and it’s not working as it should, get in touch with us on 0800 022 022 and select option 9.
Sorry, no. Prime Video is an online video-on-demand service, which does not support live television.
If you move to a new house during the year on us, don't worry. As long as you remain a 2degrees unlimited broadband customer you’ll keep Prime Video and won't be charged. Find out more about moving home with 2degees.
Anyone is welcome to sign up for Prime Video, but if you leave 2degrees broadband, you’ll no longer be eligible to receive a year on us. We’ll cancel your subscription with Prime Video and you’ll need to sign up with them directly to get a new paid subscription. Just keep in mind that early termination charges may apply if you cancel your 2degrees broadband within your contract period.
We won’t send the activation email until your broadband is up and running, so if you’ve just signed up with us but your broadband isn’t connected yet, you’ll just need to hold fire until we’ve got all our ducks in a row.
If your broadband is up and running and you still don’t have your activation email, there are a few things you could try.
- Wait a wee bit longer. We’ll send it out as soon as we’ve completed your request (and that’s normally pretty quick), but if it gets held up in cyber space, it may take a bit longer to reach you.
- Check in your Junk/Spam folder. Sometimes emails accidentally end up there.
- Search for the email using the search function in your inbox. Maybe you just missed it? The subject line is ‘Your Amazon Prime Video Subscription is ready’
- Failing all of this, get in contact with us on 0800 022 022, select option 9, and we’ll look in to what’s happened
Had enough? You can cancel any time. Just log in to Your 2degrees, click on ‘Cancel Subscription’ and it’ll stop at the end of your current Prime Video billing month. Look for it in the Prime Video section of your dashboard. Your subscription will stop at the end of your current Prime Video billing month.
In order to keep your Prime Video year on us subscription, you’ll need to be on any of our unlimited broadband plans. If you move to an unlimited plan on a different speed ie. You upgrade to an unlimited Fibre plan, then you’ll keep your Prime Video subscription. If you move to an ineligible plan, unfortunately you’ll lose your subscription.
- You must be on a 12 month unlimited broadband plan to be eligible for the offer.
- Prime Video on us for a year is valid for 12 months after the date of activation.
- You have 30 days from the date of activation of your eligible broadband plan to activate your Prime Video subscription.
- One new Prime Video subscription per eligible 2degrees broadband plan connection.
- If you have an existing Prime Video subscription, you’ll just need to cancel this and start again with a new account to get the offer.
- Streaming Prime Video uses data. Any data use incurred from watching Prime Video will count towards your monthly broadband allowance.
- You can cancel your Prime Video subscription at any time.
- Early termination charge applies if you disconnect your 2degrees broadband before the end of your broadband term.
- If you want to keep enjoying Prime Video after your year on us is up, your Prime Video charge will automatically be applied to your 2degrees broadband bill.
- After 12 months from your activation of Prime Video, the standard monthly charge for Prime Video of $8.99 will apply.
- Customer queries relating to the Prime Video service or content should be directed to Prime Video
- Not available on 2degrees Business plans.
- Offer is not redeemable or refundable for cash and cannot be exchanged for Amazon Gift Cards.
- Offer is subject to change and restrictions apply.
- Amazon, Prime Video, and all related logos and motion marks are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc.
- 2degrees Broadband terms and conditions and Amazon Prime Video 12 months on us terms and conditions apply.