Magic Number Terms and Conditions
- These specific terms and conditions apply in addition to the Prepay Terms and Conditions, Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions, Business Terms and Conditions and any other specific terms and conditions applicable to a Plan or Account made available by 2degrees as published at www.2degreesmobile.co.nz (Applicable T&Cs). Capitalised terms not defined in these terms and conditions have the meaning described in the Applicable T&Cs.
- The rates and conditions below apply when you use your Mobile Phone (or other device) in New Zealand.
- With Magic Number you will receive 500 standard national minutes each month to call one selected standard New Zealand landline or mobile. You must select one New Zealand landline or mobile at the time of purchasing Magic Number. Premium rate numbers, your 2degrees voicemail, and your own 2degrees mobile number are excluded.
- Magic Number costs $6 a month (Pack Price).
Magic Number on 2degrees Prepay
- If you are a Prepay customer, to be eligible to purchase a Magic Number you must have one of the following 2degrees Value Packs active on your Prepay Account at the time of purchase: Carryover Combo; $19 Talk & Text Pack; $8 Talk & Text Pack; $19 Text Combo; $19 Data Combo; $19 Chat Combo; Everyone 200 Pack; International Chat Pack; $10 Text & Data Pack; 100MB NZ Data Pack; 300MB NZ Data Pack; 1GB NZ Data Pack; 3GB NZ Data Pack; 12GB Zone Data Pack. (Applicable Value Packs).
- The Pack Price is in addition to the monthly charge of your Applicable Value Pack.
- We will advise you when your Magic Number has been activated. Standard call charges apply prior to your Magic Number being activated.
- Provided you have one active Applicable Value Pack and sufficient Re-charge Credit on your Prepay Account, your Magic Number will recur each month on the anniversary of its initial activation (e.g. if you purchase your Magic Number and it is activated on your account on 1 March, it will automatically renew on 1 April) (Renewal Date).
- You will be charged the Pack Price monthly in advance on activation, and thereafter on each Renewal Date.
- Minutes under your Magic Number are valid one month from allocation (Validity Period). You will lose any unused minutes the day before your Renewal Date, and a new allocation of minutes will be applied on the Renewal Date (provided your Magic Number is renewed).
- We will do our best to send you a text before your Renewal Date to remind you to top up and will also do our best to send you a text if your Magic Number does not renew for any reason. We won’t be liable to you if you do not receive this text.
- If on a Renewal Date of your Magic Number you do not have sufficient Re-charge Credit to purchase the renewing Magic Number, then your Magic Number will not renew on that Renewal Date and will go on hold for 14 days from that Renewal Date. Provided that you top up your Prepay Account with sufficient Re-charge Credit while your Magic Number is on hold, then your Magic Number will be automatically renewed as at the date of your top-up. Future renewals will continue to recur on the date of that top-up in accordance with clause 8 above. If you do not sufficiently top-up your Prepay Account during the period that your Magic Number is on hold, your Magic Number will be cancelled.
If on a Renewal Date of your Magic Number, your Applicable Value Pack is on hold, your Magic Number will also go on hold for 14 days from that Renewal Date. If you renew your Applicable Value Pack during that 14 day period, your Magic Number will renew on the same date in accordance with clause 8 (provided you have enough Re-charge Credit on your Prepay Account). If you do not renew your Applicable Value Pack during that 14 day period, your Magic Number will be cancelled. We will do our best to send you a text message that your Magic Number has been cancelled.
- If you are transferring from a Prepay Account to a Plan or other Service offered by 2degrees on a Pay Monthly or Business Account, your Magic Number will be cancelled and will not automatically renew on its next Renewal Date, however you will get to keep any unused minutes under your cancelled Magic Number for the remainder of their Validity Period.
Magic Number on a 2degrees Plan
- Magic Number can be purchased on any Pay Monthly Plan (including retired Pay Monthly Plans) or any Plan on a Business Account that do not include Unlimited Calls.
- The Magic Number will be applied to your applicable Plan on purchase and will automatically renew on your Billing Date, and thereafter will be renewed each month on your Billing Date. For example, if you purchase the Magic Number on 29 July and the next Billing Date for your Account is 1 August, the Magic Number will automatically renew on 1 August, and thereafter monthly on each Billing Date.
- Minutes under your Magic Number will expire on the day prior to your next Billing Date and you will lose any unused minutes. New Magic Number minutes will be allocated on each Billing Date.
- You will be billed the Pack Price on each Billing Date.
- We will not pro-rate the minutes allocated to you on the date of your initial purchase of Magic Number up to the date of your Billing Date. You will receive the full Magic Number entitlement on your initial purchase date and those minutes will expire the day prior to your next Billing Date and you will be charged the full Pack Price on that Billing Date.
- If you transfer to a Prepay Account your Magic Number will be cancelled and you will lose any unused minutes under your cancelled Magic Number.
- You can stop your Magic Number at any time and if you do, your Magic Number will stop recurring but you will get to keep any unused minutes until the end of their Validity Period or until your next Billing Date (as applicable to you).
- You can change the standard NZ landline or mobile number associated with your Magic Number at any time. You will be charged $3 each time you change to a new NZ landline or mobile number from your available Re-charge Credit if you are on a Prepay Account or will show on your Bill if you are on a Plan.
- If you use all your Magic Number minutes before your Pack runs out, you will be charged the applicable standard call rates for your Plan.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the standard NZ landline or mobile number you choose to be associated with your Magic Number is correct and an active number. You will be subject to the Pack Price for activating your Magic Number irrespective of whether the NZ landline or mobile number you choose is incorrect or invalid, as well as the $3 charge associated with changing the NZ landline or mobile number.
- You may only have one Magic Number associated with your Account (or if you have a Business Account or Group Account, one Magic Number per connection) at any one time.
Related Terms & Conditions
- $9/$19 Carryover Combo Terms and Conditions
- $29/$49 Carryover Combo Terms and Conditions
- Prepay Data Pack Terms and Conditions
- International Chat Pack Terms and Conditions
- Australian Data Roaming Packs Terms and Conditions
- Booster Pack Terms and Conditions
- Everyone 200 Pack Terms and Conditions
- Me2U, U2Me and Ring Me Terms and Conditions
- Promo Value Pack Terms and Conditions
- Retired China 300 Pack Terms and Conditions
- Retired India 300 Pack Terms and Conditions
- Jucy Visitor Combo Packs Terms and Conditions
- 2degrees IOU Packs Terms and Conditions
- Pack Assist Terms And Conditions