WiFi Calling Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply in addition to our Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions, Prepay Terms and Conditions and Business Terms and Conditions and any other specific terms and conditions applying to your Plan or Account with 2degrees. These specific terms and conditions will prevail in the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions any other terms and conditions applying to your Plan or Account with 2degrees.
- Capitalised terms not defined in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning given to them in the relevant Terms and Conditions set out in clause 1 above.
- WiFi Calling/Calls/Texts means using a WiFi broadband connection (instead of a cellular network) to make or receive calls and texts on a Mobile Mobile Phone using the 2degrees WiFi Calling service.
- To use WiFi Calling:
a) you must be a 2degrees mobile customer;
b) your Mobile Mobile Phone must be a WiFi Calling capable handset that has been configured to make WiFi Calls;
c) you must have activated the WiFi Calling feature on your Mobile Mobile Phone; and
d) you must be connected, and continue to be connected, to a WiFi broadband connection that allows the correct type of internet access capable of supporting WiFi Calling.
Limitations of WiFi Calling
- Active WiFi Calls will not transfer from WiFi to a cellular network or vice versa. WiFi Calls will be disconnected if the WiFi signal is no longer available and you’ll need to redial to continue with your call through our cellular network or the cellular network of one of our roaming partners (if you are in the coverage area of such cellular networks). Your Mobile Mobile Phone will prioritise WiFi Calling over cellular calling where your Mobile Mobile Phone has coverage from both network types at the same time.
- If WiFi Calling is activated, you will no longer be able to receive 3G video calls on either WiFi or cellular networks. You can still make 3G video calls on cellular network, but such calls are not supported on WiFi. If you prefer to continue receiving 3G video calls, then you will need to disable WiFi Calling and call 2degrees Customer Care to be de-provisioned from WiFi Calling.
- WiFi Calling does not support unstructured supplementary service data (USSD) type commands. USSD type commands are typically in a format like *100# and are used for checking your account balance.
- You cannot change your call forwarding or voicemail numbers if you are using WiFi Calling.
- When you are overseas you will need to dial numbers for the destination you are visiting using the international dialing format with the correct destination code. For example, (61) in Aussie, (44) in the UK and (1) in North America.
- If you are overseas you will not be able to dial short code numbers, freeMobile Phone numbers or other special numbers unless they allow access with international dialing.
Broadband WiFi connection
- The broadband connection you are using for WiFi Calling must have the minimum internet speed of 100kbps of available bandwidth.
- If you use a third-party internet service provider to access WiFi Calling it is your responsibility to resolve any issues with that internet service provider. 2degrees is not responsible for any issues relating to internet services provided by third parties.
- Some corporate and public WiFi broadband connections have specific firewalls and settings that might prevent WiFi Calling from working. Because we have no control over the quality and settings of independently operated WiFi connections, poor or no service availability could be experienced on some WiFi connections.
- While using WiFi Calling, you will use internet data on the WiFi broadband connection. This data may be subject to charges depending on the structure of the Broadband plan you are using for WiFi calling.
- You could incur additional toll charges and/or international messaging charges if your VPN, DNS or internet provider is set to a country outside New Zealand.
Using 2degrees Broadband for WiFi Calling
- If you make a WiFi Call using 2degrees Broadband you will not be charged for the broadband data you use to make that WiFi Call.
- If you make a WiFi Call using 2degrees Broadband we will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that WiFi Calling is reliable and available at all times. However, because we rely on networks and equipment which we do not control, we cannot promise that WiFi Calling will always be available or fully-functioning. We will not be liable or responsible for anything which occurs as a result of other providers’ infrastructure systems. If WiFi Calling using 2degrees Broadband is unavailable for any reason we will endeavour to restore service as soon as possible. If there is a problem with such WiFi Calling, please contact us by dialling 200 from your mobile or 0800 022 022 from any NZ landline.
- We will not be responsible for fixing any fault with WiFi Calling that is caused by any equipment, hardware or device not supplied or approved by 2degrees for use in connection with WiFi Calling, or because you have used WiFi Calling incorrectly or in an unauthorised way.
Charging for WiFi Calling in NZ
- WiFi Calling will appear on your bill as your usual monthly NZ minute or text allowance.
- If you are in NZ the calls and texts you make using WiFi Calling will be charged to your mobile bill with the same inclusions and rates as cellular calls and texts are charged under your PrePay, Pay Monthly or Business Plan. For example, if your Carryover Plan has an allocation of 400 Carryover minutes and you make a 10 minute WiFi Call within NZ, 10 minutes will be deducted from your 400 minute balance in the same manner as a mobile cellular call within NZ.
Charging for WiFi Calling Overseas
- Except to the extent that your Plan includes specific entitlements to make calls outside of NZ (eg Aussie Carry On), if you are making a WiFi Call from an overseas destination:
a) to NZ or Aussie you will charged in accordance with clause 20 (ie as if you are making the call from NZ);
b) to another number in that same overseas destination or to another overseas destination you will be charged the applicable standard international call ratesto call that overseas destination from NZ. Note that the rates that apply to WiFi calls made in Aussie to other overseas destinations could be lower or higher than the roaming rates that apply to mobile calls depending on the destination called.
- Subject to clause 23, if you have a valid Roaming Pack and you are making or receiving a WiFi Call in an applicable overseas destination:
a) to or from NZ, or a local call within that applicable destination, your call will be deducted from your Roaming Pack in the same manner as if you made or received the call over a cellular network;
b) to another overseas destination you will be charged the applicable standard international call rate to call that overseas destination from NZ.
- If you have a valid IslandsRoaming Pack and you are making a local WiFi Call within an applicable overseas destination you will be charged the applicable standard international call rate to call that overseas destination from NZ.
- It is free to receive WiFi Calls in NZ and when you are in any overseas destination excluding any WiFi broadband charges.
WiFi Calls and Texts
- To the extent that is applicable, the terms in your plan terms and conditions that apply to minutes and texts made over a cellular network apply to WiFi Calling.
- If you make a 111 call using WiFi Calling, your Mobile Mobile Phone will attempt to make that call using the applicable cellular network. If no cellular network is available, the call should be routed over WiFi.
- Wi-Fi Calling cannot support emergency calls made outside of NZ. Ensure you are connected to a cellular network when attempting to make an emergency call outside of NZ to be routed to the nearest emergency services.
- WiFi Calling is provided on a best commercial efforts basis, with no guarantee of continued access or quality of service related to voice connectivity, because its reliance on public or private WiFi networks and internet broadband connections.
- You can deactivate the WiFi Calling feature on your applicable Mobile Mobile Phone at any time.
- We may suspend, end or change WiFi Calling for any reason, including where repair or maintenance work is needed.
- We reserve the right to block communications over WiFi Broadband networks, for example, in order to prevent fraud or where required by court order.
- WiFi Calling is supported on compatible Mobile Mobile Phones sold by 2degrees or our partners. Mobile Phones of the same make and model sourced from elsewhere will not have the relevant software installed. If such Mobile Mobile Phones are purchased from other suppliers in NZ, then they should be capable of WiFi Calling after a software upgrade. Mobile Phones purchased from overseas are unlikely to be capable of WiFi Calling.
- We may change these terms and conditions from time to time. Any changes will be notified to you in accordance with our obligations under your relevant Plan Terms and Conditions.
Related Terms & Conditions
- 2degrees Data Clock Terms & Conditions
- Spend Control Terms and Conditions
- Billing Service for Google Play Terms and Conditions
- Online Store Terms & Conditions
- Trade In Terms & Conditions
- Security Bond Terms and Conditions
- Transfer Your Number Terms & Conditions
- Promo code & coupon code Terms & Conditions
- Sharing Services
- Trade In Terms
- Direct Debit Authority Terms and Conditions
- Credit and Debit Card Authority Terms and Conditions
- Autopay Prepay Product Terms and Conditions
- Spend Control Terms and Conditions