Your 2degrees SIM should work as soon as you put it in your device. That said, there are always some exceptions, particularly if you bought your phone overseas.
Top Tips for maximising coverage and speed:
- Check you have the latest software for your device - this ensures your phone performs at its best and automatically applies the right settings for 2degrees.
- Check data roaming is switched on – this allows you to access the Internet, email and MMS messaging across our entire network. It doesn’t cost any more to roam within NZ.
- Ensure network is set on automatic – both network mode and operators/selection should be set to automatic.
- Check your APN settings - your Access Point Name should be ‘internet’ in order to work across our entire network.
If you think your settings might not be right, we can send new settings to you so that you can get connected quickly. Just use the form below and the settings will be sent to your mobile.
If during set up you are prompted for a PIN, this will be the last 4 digits of your mobile number.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I re-sell my locked phone?
Sure. As long as the new owner is on the 2degrees network there will be no problem. If the phone will be used on another network it will need to be unlocked. A $30 unlocking fee may apply, check out our Phone Locking page for more information.
- Can I use my locked phone with another SIM card in it overseas?No, a locked phone will only work with a 2degrees SIM.
- What if I get my locked phone repaired, does it stay locked?If you get your locked phone repaired, it will remain locked.
- What does it cost to unlock my phone?
It is free to unlock a phone after 9 months from purchase date. It will cost $30 (incl. GST) to unlock a phone within 9 months from that phone's purchase date. If you’re a Prepay customer this fee will come from your Top Up credit. If you’re a Pay Monthly customer the fee will be charged to your next bill. Check out our Phone Locking page for more information.
- How do I unlock my phone?
If you would like to unlock your phone, please call Customer Care on 200 from your mobile or 0800 022 022 to receive your unlock code. Once you have your unlock code you will need to follow the relevant instructions for your phone, click here for instructions. A $30 (incl. GST) unlocking fee may apply to unlock your phone.