Your 2degrees SIM should work as soon as you put it in your device. That said, there are always some exceptions, particularly if you bought your phone overseas.
Top Tips for maximising coverage and speed:
- Check you have the latest software for your device - this ensures your phone performs at its best and automatically applies the right settings for 2degrees.
- Check data roaming is switched on – this allows you to access the Internet, email and MMS messaging across our entire network. It doesn’t cost any more to roam within NZ.
- Ensure network is set on automatic – both network mode and operators/selection should be set to automatic.
- Check your APN settings - your Access Point Name should be ‘internet’ in order to work across our entire network.
If you think your settings might not be right, we can send new settings to you so that you can get connected quickly. Just use the form below and the settings will be sent to your mobile.
If during set up you are prompted for a PIN, this will be the last 4 digits of your mobile number.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have set up a Spend Control limit on my Plan, how will that affect the renewal of my Family Share recipients?
You need to ensure that your Spend Control limit is set high enough so that it covers the charge required to auto-renew all your Family Share or Team Share recipients on each Bill Date. If a recipient does not renew on your Bill Date due to your Spend Control limit, you will be notified by text. You will only be charged for successful renewals. Any recipient that does not renew will be notified by text and will go on hold until your next Bill Date. To re-activate the recipient on hold you first need to increase your Spend Control limit. You then need to text STOP UNLIMITED and the recipient 's mobile number to 233, for example STOP UNLIMITED 022XXXXXXX, and then text SHARE UNLIMITED and the recipient 's mobile number to 233, for example SHARE UNLIMITED 022XXXXXXX. The charge for activating a recipient under Family Share or Team Share is $25 per person each month. If your recipient was activated prior to 2 March 2014, then you will be charged $20 per person each month until that recipient is removed.
If you have any more questions we’re happy to help. You can contact us by email, call us free by dialling 200 from your 2degrees mobile or by dialling 0800 022 022 from any other number.
- How does rural delivery work with online orders?If you ordered a SIM or hardware to a rural location, in most cases they will not be delivered directly to you. It's likely it will be delivered to and signed for, at a rural delivery location. If you're a Rural Delivery customer who hasn't received their SIM / Hardware, you should check with your local NZ Courier rural delivery centre on 0800 800 841 for your nearest RD delivery location.
- Can I re-sell my locked phone?
Sure. As long as the new owner is on the 2degrees network there will be no problem. If the phone will be used on another network it will need to be unlocked. A $30 unlocking fee may apply, check out our Phone Locking page for more information.
- Can I use my locked phone with another SIM card in it overseas?No, a locked phone will only work with a 2degrees SIM.
- What if I get my locked phone repaired, does it stay locked?If you get your locked phone repaired, it will remain locked.