To get the Micro/Nano SIM working in an iPad it is important that you follow these steps carefully:
- If your iPad requires a Micro SIM, push out the Micro SIM from the packaging and insert the Micro SIM into your iPad. If your iPad requires a Nano SIM, insert it directly into your iPad.
- Then Select ‘Settings’ from the Homepage.
- Now select ‘Cellular Data’.
- Then turn on Cellular Data and Data roaming.
- Then edit the Cellular Data APN, tap the ‘APN’ field and type ‘internet’.
- Then tap Cellular Data at the top to save the changes to the APN and return to the Cellular Data settings.
- Then turn off the iPad and restart.
- Open your Web Browser and you will be automatically redirected to a 2degrees mobile landing page.
- If you are unable to connect check Wi-Fi is turned off.
- To get the best value we recommend you purchase a Data Pack. To do this, select ‘buy a value pack’ from the 2degrees landing page. Select either a National Data Pack or a Mobile Broadband Zone Data Pack, whichever best meets your needs.
- Once you have agreed to the Terms & Conditions and selected ‘Make your payment’, you will need to enter your credit card details to complete the purchase.
- Find more information on 2degrees Value Packs.
If you’re a 2degrees Pay Monthly customer, the easiest way to use data on your iPad (as along as it has a 2degrees SIM) is to share your plan data with our Shared Data product – only on 2degrees. Read more about Shared Data.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use my locked phone with another SIM card in it overseas?No, a locked phone will only work with a 2degrees SIM.
- Can I move from 2degrees if I have a locked phone?
Phone locking means that the phone can only be used on the 2degrees network. If you wish to move to another network using that locked phone you would have to unlock the phone first. A $30 unlocking fee may apply, check out our Phone Locking page for more information.
- What if I get my locked phone repaired, does it stay locked?If you get your locked phone repaired, it will remain locked.
- Can I change to a Pay Monthly Plan with a locked phone?You can change to a Pay Monthly plan with a locked phone, there is no restriction on what you can do as long as the phone is used on the 2degrees network.
- How do I unlock my phone?
If you would like to unlock your phone, please call Customer Care on 200 from your mobile or 0800 022 022 to receive your unlock code. Once you have your unlock code you will need to follow the relevant instructions for your phone, click here for instructions. A $30 (incl. GST) unlocking fee may apply to unlock your phone.