Getting the most out of your smartphone
There are a couple of things you need to check to ensure you always get the best experience using your Smartphone on the 2degrees network.
The latest software
With Smartphones, there can quite often be regular software updates. These updates can range from security fixes, to OS upgrades/enhancements. It’s important to keep your device up to date to make sure it is secure and operating at its best.
To maximise your national mobile data coverage on 2degrees (access to the Internet, email and MMS messaging), check that data roaming is enabled on your phone or device. There are no additional charges associated with this within New Zealand.
Please note that by setting up data roaming your handset will also be able to access the Internet when you travel overseas, so Pay Monthly customers might want to set up Spend Control before travelling overseas.
Here are the steps to set up data roaming for some specific devices:
Android – Navigate to your mobile network settings and ensure Data roaming is on.
Windows Phone – Depending on the version of Windows your device is running:
- Navigate to Settings > mobile network> Data roaming options and select roam from the dropdown box
- Navigate to Settings > mobile + SIM options and select roam from the dropdown box.
Other – Check under Settings and look for a data roaming option to turn on.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I re-sell my locked phone?
Sure. As long as the new owner is on the 2degrees network there will be no problem. If the phone will be used on another network it will need to be unlocked. A $30 unlocking fee may apply, check out our Phone Locking page for more information.
- Can I move from 2degrees if I have a locked phone?
Phone locking means that the phone can only be used on the 2degrees network. If you wish to move to another network using that locked phone you would have to unlock the phone first. A $30 unlocking fee may apply, check out our Phone Locking page for more information.
- What if I get my locked phone repaired, does it stay locked?If you get your locked phone repaired, it will remain locked.
- Can I change to a Pay Monthly Plan with a locked phone?You can change to a Pay Monthly plan with a locked phone, there is no restriction on what you can do as long as the phone is used on the 2degrees network.
- How do I unlock my phone?
If you would like to unlock your phone, please call Customer Care on 200 from your mobile or 0800 022 022 to receive your unlock code. Once you have your unlock code you will need to follow the relevant instructions for your phone, click here for instructions. A $30 (incl. GST) unlocking fee may apply to unlock your phone.