Helps you stay in control on your data costs, so you won't have to worry about going over you monthly data allowances again. When you run out of data on your plan you'll simply choose how much more you want to spend on data by adding a NZ Data Pack. Here's an example of how it works:
- When you are running low on data, you'll receive a text notification.
- You can easily top up your data with one of our great value NZ Data Packs so you don't get caught short.
- Worry-Free Data stops you from consuming data at a casual per MB rate once you run out, which means you choose how much more you want to spend by adding a NZ Data Pack.
- When you've used up all available data under your plan, you won't be able to consume any more data until you buy a NZ Data Pack, which start for as little as $5 for 100MB to give you great value data, or wait for your next month's plan data allowance.
Worry-Free Data is automatic on all of our Pay Monthly Plans, there is nothing you need to do or set up. It's simple and worry free.
Worry-Free Data only applies in NZ – be sure to set up Spend Control if you haven't already to keep tabs on your bill when you're roaming overseas.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I get my locked phone repaired, does it stay locked?If you get your locked phone repaired, it will remain locked.
- Can I change to a Pay Monthly Plan with a locked phone?You can change to a Pay Monthly plan with a locked phone, there is no restriction on what you can do as long as the phone is used on the 2degrees network.
- How do I unlock my phone?
If you would like to unlock your phone, please call Customer Care on 200 from your mobile or 0800 022 022 to receive your unlock code. Once you have your unlock code you will need to follow the relevant instructions for your phone, click here for instructions. A $30 (incl. GST) unlocking fee may apply to unlock your phone.
- How can I find out if my phone is locked to 2degrees?When you purchase your phone it will be clearly marked with ‘this phone will only work with a 2degrees SIM’. To check if your phone is locked, you can pop a SIM from another network into your phone. If you are presented with lock message the phone is locked. If you are unsure if your phone is locked please call Customer Care on 200 from your mobile or 0800 022 022.
- Can I pay off my Mobile Repayment Option Early?If you would like to pay off your handset early we can generate the full remaining MRO balance owed onto your account so you can pay it off in one go. Be sure you can pay the remaining amount off at the time you choose this option as leaving it on your account could push you over your credit limit and may restrict your services. If you are ready now you can do this by calling 0800 022 022.