Fast just got faster with 4G on 2degrees
Get the most out of your smartphone with 4G on 2degrees. With data speeds up to 10 times faster than standard 3G you can now stream, download and get online even faster. As long as you're in an area with good 4G coverage and have a 4G ready device you can expect a much better experience online.
We are proud to now offer 4G in parts of New Zealand. 4G is free to all 2degrees customers at no extra cost to the standard data charges, plan fees or pack charges. 4G will also work on your existing 2degrees SIM.
- Check if your phone is 4G capable
- If you need a new 4G ready phone, check out a great range of 4G ready smartphones in our Online Shop.
- Check out the coverage map to see where 4G is available
- Make sure you have the latest software on your phone
Our Pay Monthly and Business Plans all come with Worry Free Data so you can use your mobile on 4G without having to worry about going over your monthly plan allowance.
The best way to keep track of data usage is to check data balances regularly. Current balances can be checked by logging into Your 2degrees and clicking on 'Your Usage'. Alternatively customer can dial *100*1# to check your balance form your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have set up a Spend Control limit on my Plan, how will that affect the renewal of my Family Share recipients?
You need to ensure that your Spend Control limit is set high enough so that it covers the charge required to auto-renew all your Family Share or Team Share recipients on each Bill Date. If a recipient does not renew on your Bill Date due to your Spend Control limit, you will be notified by text. You will only be charged for successful renewals. Any recipient that does not renew will be notified by text and will go on hold until your next Bill Date. To re-activate the recipient on hold you first need to increase your Spend Control limit. You then need to text STOP UNLIMITED and the recipient 's mobile number to 233, for example STOP UNLIMITED 022XXXXXXX, and then text SHARE UNLIMITED and the recipient 's mobile number to 233, for example SHARE UNLIMITED 022XXXXXXX. The charge for activating a recipient under Family Share or Team Share is $25 per person each month. If your recipient was activated prior to 2 March 2014, then you will be charged $20 per person each month until that recipient is removed.
If you have any more questions we’re happy to help. You can contact us by email, call us free by dialling 200 from your 2degrees mobile or by dialling 0800 022 022 from any other number.
- I entered the unlock code multiple times and now I can’t use my phone.There is a limit to how many times you can enter an unlock code to unlock a locked handset. If it is entered incorrectly more than 10 times you will no longer be able to use your phone on any network - including the 2degrees network. This is called 'bricking,' we are able to un-brick a bricked device, call Customer Care on 200 for help with this.
- Can I re-sell my locked phone?
Sure. As long as the new owner is on the 2degrees network there will be no problem. If the phone will be used on another network it will need to be unlocked. A $30 unlocking fee may apply, check out our Phone Locking page for more information.
- Can I use my locked phone with another SIM card in it overseas?No, a locked phone will only work with a 2degrees SIM.
- Can I move from 2degrees if I have a locked phone?
Phone locking means that the phone can only be used on the 2degrees network. If you wish to move to another network using that locked phone you would have to unlock the phone first. A $30 unlocking fee may apply, check out our Phone Locking page for more information.