Texts can fail for a number of reasons and can happen on any network.
The common reasons are:
- No network coverage
- Phone not connecting to the network properly
- Not enough credit
- Overloaded network
- Phone software fault
- Full in or sent mailbox
If you’re having problems sending or receiving texts, please check the following:
- Your phone has network coverage
- Your sent items and received boxes aren’t full
- You have enough credit
Start by rebooting your phone (turn it off for 1 minute). This normally reconnects your phone to the network.
Check your SMSC (Service Centre) number is +64220227672 (on most non-smartphones you'll find this in Message Settingsunder Message Centre, or if you have a smartphone dial *#*#4636#*#* then:
- Click on Phone Information
- Scroll down to SMSC: and click on Refresh and '+64220227672,145' should appear. If not enter the number as shown and click Update
- Turn the phone off then on and try again
- If you still can’t send or receive you may have a corrupt message and need to delete some or all of your texts
2degrees offers great rates to text who you know overseas but unfortunately, some networks haven’t yet set themselves up to allow return text messages from their networks to 2degrees.
If you do find that you are having a consistent problem with a certain country or network we'd like to know about it. Drop us a line at email@example.com and we can look into it for you. It will also help if your overseas friend does the same at their end and lets their network know that they want to link up to 2degrees in New Zealand. And remember, you can still call overseas networks on 2degrees, it's just texting that sometimes isn't quite set up.