Getting started with Data
You can use 2degrees Data with your phone, a tablet like an iPad or with a USB modem (dongle) which lets your computer access the internet when WiFi isn't available.
If you are a Prepay or Pay Monthly customer with a 2degrees SIM, your phone will access the internet automatically. Turn your Data Roaming on so that you can access the internet, email and MMS across our entire network. Check our Mobile Settings guidelines.
- Close any open software
- Plug your 2degrees USB Modem into your computer
- The USB Modem will automatically activate and self install its software
- Click Connect!
- Send and receive texts (a bit like an email account)
- Receive updates when your Data Add-on is getting low or about to expire
- Send texts to top up your account and buy Data Add-ons.
To buy your Add-on simply log in to Your 2degrees, or text buy and the name of the Add-on you want to 233.
Either log in to Your 2degrees or you can pop your SIM from the data device into your phone and dial *100*1#
Auto Top Up is the easiest way to keep on top up your data. Every time your balance drops below $2.50, we’ll text to ask if you want a top up. Reply ‘Y’ and you’ll be topped up straight away.