To get the Micro/Nano SIM working in an iPad it is important that you follow these steps carefully:
- If your iPad requires a Micro SIM, push out the Micro SIM from the packaging and insert the Micro SIM into your iPad. If your iPad requires a Nano SIM, insert it directly into your iPad.
- Then Select ‘Settings’ from the Homepage.
- Now select ‘Cellular Data’.
- Then turn on Cellular Data and Data roaming.
- Then edit the Cellular Data APN, tap the ‘APN’ field and type ‘internet’.
- Then tap Cellular Data at the top to save the changes to the APN and return to the Cellular Data settings.
- Then turn off the iPad and restart.
- Open your Web Browser and you will be automatically redirected to a 2degrees mobile landing page.
- If you are unable to connect check Wi-Fi is turned off.
If you’re a 2degrees Business customer, the easiest way to use data on your iPad (as along as it has a 2degrees SIM) is to share your plan data using our Shared Data service – only on 2degrees. Read more about Shared Data.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have set up a Spend Control limit on my Plan, how will that affect the renewal of my Family Share recipients?
You need to ensure that your Spend Control limit is set high enough so that it covers the charge required to auto-renew all your Family Share or Team Share recipients on each Bill Date. If a recipient does not renew on your Bill Date due to your Spend Control limit, you will be notified by text. You will only be charged for successful renewals. Any recipient that does not renew will be notified by text and will go on hold until your next Bill Date. To re-activate the recipient on hold you first need to increase your Spend Control limit. You then need to text STOP UNLIMITED and the recipient 's mobile number to 233, for example STOP UNLIMITED 022XXXXXXX, and then text SHARE UNLIMITED and the recipient 's mobile number to 233, for example SHARE UNLIMITED 022XXXXXXX. The charge for activating a recipient under Family Share or Team Share is $25 per person each month. If your recipient was activated prior to 2 March 2014, then you will be charged $20 per person each month until that recipient is removed.
If you have any more questions we’re happy to help. You can contact us by email, call us free by dialling 200 from your 2degrees mobile or by dialling 0800 022 022 from any other number.
- Can I use my locked phone with another SIM card in it overseas?No, a locked phone will only work with a 2degrees SIM.
- Can I move from 2degrees if I have a locked phone?
Phone locking means that the phone can only be used on the 2degrees network. If you wish to move to another network using that locked phone you would have to unlock the phone first. A $30 unlocking fee may apply, check out our Phone Locking page for more information.
- What if I get my locked phone repaired, does it stay locked?If you get your locked phone repaired, it will remain locked.
- Can I change to a Pay Monthly Plan with a locked phone?You can change to a Pay Monthly plan with a locked phone, there is no restriction on what you can do as long as the phone is used on the 2degrees network.