2degrees and Snapper have partnered in a New Zealand first, so you can now pay by Snapper for transport, food and beverages with a simple touch of your mobile phone.
All you need is one of our new Touch2Pay Smartphones and SIMs and you'll be able to:
- Use your Touch2Pay Smartphone to tag on and off buses as well as thousands of taxis and retailers - the same as you do with a regular Snapper
- View your Snapper balance at a glance via the home screen widget
- Top up your Snapper or purchase a travel pass from the Snapper Mobile App using your VISA, Mastercard or VISA debit card
- Read the balance and top up another next generation Snapper
Things you need to know:
- What is Touch2Pay with Snapper Mobile?
Touch2Pay allows you to use a Touch2Pay Smartphone to pay for goods and services wherever Snapper cards are accepted, without the need for cash or an EFTPOS card. Touch2Pay Smartphones can be loaded with a Snapper Mobile App that lets customers view their Snapper balance, top up their Snapper account and purchase a travel pass. Find out how to enable this service on your Touch2Pay compatible handset.
- Where can I buy a Touch2Pay Smartphone & SIM with Snapper Mobile?
In any of the Wellington 2degrees Stores - Lambton Quay, Customhouse Quay, Lower Hutt, Porirua.
- Will the Snapper SIM work in any other mobile phone?
Yes – it will still work in any mobile phone for other functions like calling, texting and mobile data. But the Touch2Pay service will not work.
- Can I use other NFC capable phones with the Snapper SIM for the Touch2Pay service?
While it is possible that some other NFC capable phones may work for some or all of the Snapper service, this cannot be guaranteed by 2degrees. The official Touch2Pay handsets are the only ones we have tested and verified to work correctly.
- Will my Touch2Pay Smartphone with Snapper Mobile work in Auckland?
Your Touch2Pay phone will work wherever you see the Snapper sign in Auckland and Wellington - however the phones & SIMs are only available to buy from Wellington 2degrees stores.
- How do I top up the Snapper balance on my Touch2Pay Smartphone?
You can use the Snapper Mobile App to top up your Snapper balance right on your mobile using a credit card. Or you can top it up the same as you would with a normal Snapper - anywhere you see the Snapper sign.
- To find out more about Snapper visit www.snapper.co.nz/mobile